Methodism’s founder John Wesley said, “I look upon all the world as my parish.” Wesley reminded us that we are called to step out of our little corner of the world to spread the good news, transform hopelessness into hope and help God’s children wherever they may be.
“I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” —Matthew 25:35-36, NRSV
Contributions to Kidder Memorial United Methodist Church not only benefit our church, but also have regional, national and international impact through our Faith Promise Missions.
Kidder Church Endowment Fund
Established in 2002, the Endowment Fund provides an opportunity for any individual within the Kidder Church community to strengthen the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ through monetary gift giving. It is a permanent fund that only invests in socially conscious monetary endeavors to generate wealth that is used in three specific areas of ministry within the Kidder Church community:
- Christian Education
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Growth initiatives
The Endowment Fund works when members and friends of Kidder Church give monetary gifts that are then wisely invested. The principle of this fund generates earnings and interest. Only interest and earning on the Endowment Fund principle are distributed to various ministries. Thus, it is a self-sustaining program providing perpetual support to our Christian ministry.
You can help build this endowment and spread the words and teachings of God through Jesus Christ in the following ways
- Provide a gift in your name or the name of a loved one.
- Contribute a gift in memory of a deceased family member.
- Create a Charitable Remainder Trust with the Endowment Fund as the benefactor.
- Bequeath a gift through your last Will and Testament.
- Consult your attorney to determine the most appropriate gift giving vehicle for your individual financial circumstances.For more information, please contact Pat Fincher, Endowment Committee Chair